Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Show Time: Indiemade Craft Market

After the opening night of my art show I raced home to get everything packed and ready for my first juried craft show in Allentown, The Indiemade Craft Market. I was really excited about the show especially when I saw my mention in The Morning Call, Allentown's local paper.

On Sunday we headed out to Allentown for the craft show. It was my first out-of-town craft show. The early morning drive through the trees and small towns was a refreshing change from the city streets. It was also my first large-scale, very planned out show. It felt great to know that for this show I wouldn't have to to block traffic to unload my stuff, search for parking spots and race to get a great booth spot. We simply had to show up, unload in a designated spot, and go to our assigned booth.

The Indiemade Craft Market organizers did an all around great job. The space, the Starlite Ballroom, was very open and well laid out, with a stage on one side and a big bar and dining area on the other. The performers kept up a steady stream of soothing folk and indie rock. The colorful and fun sellers selected to participate in the show gave the room a really warm feeling. By opening time there was already a long line of excited shoppers ready to enter, receive their free Swag bags and get to browsing.

The shoppers were all really sweet and the sellers were too. It was also nice to see some familiar faces from the local Philly craft show circuit.

Little Flower Designs

Geek Boy Press

Cutesy But Not Cutesy

I hope this show becomes an annual event because I would definitely do it again.

No comments: