Monday, December 1, 2008

Philly Jump to Japan! Day 1

As promised, I shall now recap the highlights of my recent trip to Japan.

Let's start with Day 1. The Philly Jump to Japan group met at Newark Airport to take our Continental flight to Tokyo. The flight was 14 hours long and I slept a total of 1 hour. The lack of sleep sucked but the flight and amenities were great. Continental provides passengers individual screens with a database of hundreds of movies, tv shows, games and even language learning programs! So thanks to my insomnia I watched the first 4 episodes of Flight of the Conchords and I am in love! Oh and I must say that the highlight of the flight was a midnight pizza and ice cream snack...mmmm.

We arrived in Japan in the early evening. We watched the sunset over Tokyo as we entered town on our Friendly Airport Limousine, which took us to our lovely hotel, Akasaka Excel Hotel Tokyu.

That night I think we had a welcome dinner, I say "I think" because I was so tired I could barely remember a thing. I did however have enough energy to take a picture of Sam pouring beers for everyone. After the dinner, Sam, Amy, Dave and I sleep walked through Ginza, ate some pastries from a combini, which included a hot dog in a croissant, then came back to the hotel and crashed.


No comments: