Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Can You Feel The Love?

One chilly November evening I painted a little picture that warmed my heart. The painting features Botoka, the girly bot, coyly eying Boto, the boy bot, while a small pink heart hovers above them. I titled the work Doki Doki which is how the Japanese text at the bottom of the painting is read. "Doki Doki" is a Japanese sound for a beating heart. It is also slang for having butterflies in your stomach when a cute guy (or robot) is near. The painting was a hit! And soon I was flooded with requests for repeats and custom Doki Doki paintings. The Doki Doki orders continue to flow and I thought it was time to share some of these lovely requests with the world. They make me smile every time I think about them and the lovely people who commissioned them to make their spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend feel the love.

2 comments:

Drew said...

Yeahhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

oki doki doki! i <3 boto the mosto.