Monday, May 12, 2008

Philadelphia Independent Craft Market

Phew! I did it! My Botos made their official craft show premier this past Saturday. In the compact green walled 941 Theater in northern Liberties, about 40 sellers gathered to sell our paintings, jewelry, t-shirts, glass, extremely vintage clothing, robots and more.

The show was accompanied by some great musical acts and free beer! The friendly sellers and attendees made for a very welcoming environment. I want to thank everyone who came out to the show and all of the gracious sellers who traded their goods and knowledge with me.

And, last but definitely not least, there is someone very special who needs to be thanked: Hanoch Reichert, also known as my dad or aba. I would like to crown him Supa Supporta! He not only bought a t-shirt and pin but also stood by my booth and offered his assistance to any and every boto browser, telling them which canvases matched their eyes and explaining how comfortable his 100% Fine Jersey cotton t-shirt was. It was adorable. Here you can see him in all his boto glory.

Following the show Sam and I decided to drop some newly made boto cash on some artery clogging goodness at Honey's Sit 'n' Eat.

Then we went home and passed out. The end.

5 comments:

BradyDale said...

I 100% meant to go to this and was all pumped about it and then I just spaced out on Saturday and forgot until Sunday which is entirely too late. I'm so disappointed. I really wanted to go!
This Too Will Pass

Chen Reichert said...

No worries! It was a great time and hopefully the next ones will be equally as fun.

Heather said...

Congratulations Chen!
I hope you made lots of sales and the little botos all have nice new homes.
See you in a few weeks!
xo, Heather

Tara H. Gupta said...

Your items are TOO CUTE!!! Will you be at the next show on 5/21?

Chen Reichert said...

Thanks Tara! I won't be at the June Indie Craft Market because I will be up in Clark Park selling at The Solstice Fest on Saturday, June 21. I wanted to try out another venue for my second craft show experience :)

More information is at http://www.myspace.com/clarkparkfest